When growth is in the wind...
After several years of double digit figures, wind turbine manufacturing is continuing to adapt to slower growth in Europe, although long-term perspectives are positive, driven by China and emerging markets.
- Canada, Brazil, Australia and South Africa are still experiencing strong growth in wind power;
- India, the UK and France have untapped potential.
- In Europe, the offshore market holds out the best promise for growth in the next decade.
However, uncertainty and structural overcapacities have led to aggressive pricing and competition. The cost of wind turbines has continued to fall, and that has led major OEMs to find new ways to designto-cost, improve process and optimize their drive trains and generators. This is especially critical since we are now within reach of grid parity. If only greater efficiency can be achieved, wind power will be sustainable, even without subsidies.
Since the wind turbine itself represents over 50% of ownership, much of this effort requires innovative cables and complete cable solutions to improve overall efficiency and reduce installation and over-lifetime costs.
As a wind turbine manufacturer or supplier, you want to build larger, lighter wind turbines to assure high energy output and consistent, reliable operation.
That means new materials, lightweight cables, and better connectivity. To solve evolving challenges, you expect co-engineering, sound technical advice, pre-testing and easy-to-install kits.
To ensure growth, you are especially looking for costcutting innovations, supply chain excellence, fast delivery, and a local presence on the ground in what has now become a global industry.
What you expect from a cable producer:
- A complete range of quality wind turbine cables and accessories
- Light, flexible cables that can handle torque, temperatures, oil, heat, vibration
- Technical innovation that keeps pace with the wind industry• Customized products and services, including supply chain
- Integrated cable solutions: pre-cuts, kits, interconnectivity, accessories
- Easy assembly and installation, low failure rate, and exceptional durability• Worldwide presence and expertise ensuring steady supply for your international projects
- Implementation assistance, cost-reduction, joint production planning
- Design engineering for critical areas, testing (temperature, stress, flexibility)