600 V Underground Secondary Distribution (UL)
XLPE Insulated Cable 600 Volts, 90°C Dry or Wet - Lead Free Aluminum Conductors
StandardsNational : ICEA S-105-692; UL 854
Underground Secondary Distribution Cables are twisted assemblies of compact stranded AA-8000 series aluminum conductor material (ACM) insulated with cross-linked polyethylene. They are used in various underground applications in secondary distribution circuits.
Nexans Underground Secondary Distribution Cables are Lead Free and RoHS compliant.
Cable sizes 6 AWG to 250 kcmil are manufactured with compact stranded AA-8000 series (8030) aluminum conductor material (ACM) per ASTM B801 Class B or ASTM B836 (Single Input Wire).
Cable sizes 350 kcmil and larger are manufactured with solid or ASTM B-231 Compressed Round Concentric-Lay Stranded Aluminum 1350 Conductors.
Black cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE).
Phase conductors and neutral conductor are cabled together to form a twisted assembly.
Phase conductors: Black
Neutral: Black with three extruded yellow stripes.
- Meets UL 854: Service Entrance Cables
- Meets ICEA S-105-692 Standard for 600 Volt Single Layer Thermoset Insulated Utility Underground Distribution Cables
Products and services
Docs and info
- Available as single conductors, or as a cabled assembly: Duplex, Triplex or Quadruplex
- Temperature rating of 90°C dry and wet, 130°C for emergency overload and 250°C under short circuit conditions
- Suitable for direct burial or installation in duct (such as a pole riser)
- Sunlight Resistant
- Lead Free and RoHS compliant
- UL listing and marking for type USE-2
- Sequential foot marks on single conductor, or on the neutral of multi conductor cables.