ULTREX® VN Unshielded Tray Cable - 3 or 4 Conductor
UL Type TC-ER, THHN / THWN-2 Insulation, 600 V, rated 90°C dry and wet – RoHS Compliant - Exposed Run (ER) Rated
StandardsNational : ICEA S-73-532; ICEA S-95-658; UL 1277; UL 83
Nexans 600 V ULTREX® VN Tray Cables are listed as type TC-ER under UL 1277 Electrical Power and Control Cables. These cables may be installed in wet or dry locations; in cable trays, raceways and open air; and are suitable for exposure to weather, direct burial Class I, Div. 2 (also Zone 2) and Class II, Div. 2 hazardous locations, as well as Class III, Div. 1 & 2 hazardous locations per NEC. Cables with three or more conductors are UL listed for exposed runs (ER) when installed in accordance with NEC Article 336.10(7).
Bare, annealed copper conforming to ASTM B3 and Class B compressed stranded copper in accordance to ASTM B8, from 14 AWG to 500 kcmil.
Flame-retardant PVC/Nylon type THHN/THWN-2 per UL 83.
Cabled in concentric layers with interstices filled with suitable fillers, as required. Ground wires are sized as required by UL 1277 (refer to applicable product tables for the standard sizes provided). Sizes 14 AWG to 6 AWG have an insulated green ground wire. Size 4 AWG and larger have a bare ground wire. Where necessary, a binder tape of synthetic material assembles the core in a tight circular configuration.
UL listed sunlight and moisture resistant, sequentially marked, black, flame retardant polyvinyl chloride (PVC) material meeting the requirements of UL 1277. A Nylon ripcord is included for ease of jacket removal. Jacket surface is printed with required UL / NEC code information and sequential footage markings.
NEXANS-C ULTREX-VN 600V TC-ER 3/C-12 AWG THHN/THWN-2 SUN RES DIR BUR (UL) ROHS (mm/dd/yyyy)
14 AWG to 10 AWG: Color coded per Method 1-E2 per ICEA S-73-532
8 AWG and larger: Black with number coding per Method 4 of ICEA S-73-532
See details in Conductor Identification Charts.
- Cables pass UL 1685 and IEEE 383 vertical tray fire tests at 70,000 BTU/hr.
- Cables are UL listed to IEEE 1202 and FT4 70,000 BTU/hr flame test.
- Can be used within industrial establishments where serviced by qualified personnel and not subject to physical damage.
- Can operate at continuous temperatures of 90°C dry and wet.
- Cold bend of –25°C per UL 1277.
- As indicated in UL 1277: The overall jackets of these cables are a “gas/vapor tight continuous sheath” as discussed in NEC Article 501.15(D) & (E).*
- As permitted for non-power-limited firm alarm circuits as defined in NEC Article 760.
Products and services
Docs and info
The following constructions can be provided on special orders:
* Dow Construction
* DuPont Construction
* Composite Cable Construction
* Different conductor identification methods
* Use in Hazardous locations:
Please note that no investigation of these cables has been performed regarding the transmission of gases or vapors through the core. When these cables are used in hazardous locations they should be sealed properly as required by the NEC.