ULTREX® XL Unshielded Multiconductor 14-10 AWG
Type XHHW-2: UL Type TC or TC-ER, 600 V, 90°C dry / wet rated – LEAD FREE
StandardsNational : ICEA S-73-532; ICEA S-95-658; UL 1277; UL 44
Nexans 600 V ULTREX® XL Tray Cables are listed as type TC or TC-ER under UL 1277 Electrical Power and Control Cables. These cables may be installed in wet or dry locations; in cable trays, raceways and open air; and are suitable for exposure to weather, direct burial Class I, Div. 2 (also Zone 2) and Class II, Div. 2 hazardous locations per NEC, as well as Class III, Div. 1 & 2. Cables with three or more conductors are UL listed for exposed runs (ER) when installed in accordance with NEC Article 336.10(7). RoHS compliant.
Bare, annealed copper conforming to ASTM B3 and Class B stranded in accordance with ASTM B8, from 14 AWG to 500 kcmil.
Flame-retardant cross-linked polyethylene meeting the requirements for XHHW-2 per UL 44 and the requirements of ICEA S-95-658 for XLPE insulation as standard. Sizes 14 AWG to 8 AWG are VW-1, and sizes 6 AWG and larger are non-VW-1.
Conductors are cabled in concentric layers with interstices filled with suitable fillers, as required. Ground wires, are sized as required by UL 1277 (refer to the applicable product tables for the standard provided). Sizes 14 AWG to 6 AWG have an insulated green ground wire. Sizes 4 AWG and larger have a bare ground wire. A binder tape of synthetic material assembles the core in a tight circular configuration.
UL listed sunlight and moisture resistant, sequentially length marked, black polyvinyl chloride (PVC) material meeting the requirements of UL 1277.
Sample Print Legend:
(mon/year) NEXANS ULTREX-XL 3/C 250 kcmil - 4 AWG GRD CU TYPE TC-ER XHHW-2 (UL) E64956 F SUN RES DIR BUR 600V
2–37 conductors: Color coded per Method 1-E2 of ICEA S-73-532
38 and more conductors: Black with number coding per Method 4 of ICEA S-73-532
- Cables pass UL 1685 and IEEE 383 vertical tray fire tests at 70,000 BTU/hr.
- All cables pass IEEE 1202 and FT4 70,000 BTU/hr flame test.
- All cables pass ICEA T-29-520 210,000 BTU/hr flame test.
- Can be used within industrial establishments where serviced by qualified personnel and not subject to physical damage.
- Continuous operation temperatures of 90°C dry and wet
- Cold bend of -25°C per UL 1277.
- As indicated in UL 1277: The overall jackets of these cables are a “gas/vapor tight continuous sheath” as discussed in NEC Article 501.15(D) & (E).*
- As permitted in NEC Articles 336.10 and 725 for Class 1 circuits.
- As permitted for non-power-limited alarm circuits as defined in NEC Articles 336.10 and 760.27.
|Maximum operating voltage||600V|
|Maximum operating temperature||90°C|
Products and services
Docs and info
The following constructions can be provided on special orders:• Cables sized 4 AWG and larger with an insulated ground conductor
• Aluminum alloy conductors in sizes 12 AWG to 1000 kcmil
• Insulated or bare ground wires
• Different conductor identification methods
• Shields of aluminum/mylar tape (with or without a tinned copper drain wire)
• Composite constructions of different sized conductors.
• 2000 volt rated cables with RHH/RHW-2 insulated conductors.
* Use in Hazardous locations:
Please note that no investigation of these cables has been performed regarding the transmission of gases or vapors through the core. When these cables are used in hazardous locations they should be sealed properly as required by the NEC.