FIREX® MC Multiconductor 14 AWG to 10 AWG
Aluminum Interlock Armored Power and Control Cable UL Type MC, 600 V, 90°C rated - RoHS Compliant - Multiple conductors, with ground wire, aluminum interlocked armor, PVC jacket.
StandardsNational : UL 1569; UL 44
FIREX® MC cables are rugged armored cables suitable for installation in a wide range of commercial and industrial applications where excellent mechanical and physical properties are required.
FIREX® MC is suitable and allowed by the NEC for use in the following applications:
- for power, lighting and control circuits and as a branch circuits and power feeders in industrial, commercial, institutional and residential installations up to 600 V.
- fished or embedded in plaster and concrete.
- direct buried or used as an aerial cable when fixed to a messenger support cable.
- used in concealed or exposed applications.
- installed in cable trays and other raceways.
- in Class I and II, Division 2 as well Class III, Division 1 and 2 hazardous locations.
- under raised floors of information technology rooms.
- where exposed to harsh chemicals and vapors
Identification of Conductors
Colored insulation with/without stripe per Method #1-E2 in ICEA S-73-532.
Fixed position: 7 x cable overall diameter
During pulling: 12 x cable overall diameter
- Meets UL 44, XHHW-2 600V conductors
- Meets UL 1569 requirements for Type MC, Metal Clad cables
- Designated Type MC per NEC Article 330
- Cables are UL listed as Type MC, 600 V
- UL listed insulated conductors
- Cables pass UL 1685 and IEEE 383 vertical tray fire tests at 70,000 BTU/hr, ICEA T-29-520 fire test at 210,000 BTU/hr, IEEE 1202 and CSA FT4
- Cables exhibit a -25°C cold bend rating
- Temperature rating of 90°C dry and wet
- 130°C emergency rating and 250°C short circuit rating
- Excellent mechanical and physical properties
- Sunlight resistant jacket
- RoHS Compliant
- Suitable for direct burial and use in cable tray and embedment in concrete
- Can be installed in hazardous locations designated Class I or Class II Division 2, NEC Articles 501.10(B), 502.10(B) and Class III Division 1 and 2, NEC Article 503.10 (A) and (B)
|Maximum operating voltage||600V|
|Maximum operating temperature||90°C|
|See all products|
Products and services
Docs and info
The following constructions can be provided on special orders:
- Aluminum conductors
- Steel interlock armor
- Extra ground wires
- Special color or number coding
- Specially colored jackets
- Other constructions and combinations (some manufacturing restrictions apply)