Indoor/Outdoor Plenum Premises Distribution (PDP-I/O, ICP-I/O)
Berk-Tek's plenum rated Indoor/Outdoor Tight-Buffer cables are designed specifically for LAN/WAN campus and building backbone cabling infrastructure. These thermoplastic jacketed cables are suitable for Indoor/Outdoor installations, in-conduit, below the frost line.
StandardsInternational : EN 50173; ISO/IEC 11801
National : ANSI/ICEA S-104-696; ANSI/ICEA S-83-596; ANSI/TIA-568.3-D; NFPA 130; Telcordia GR-409
This fiber optic cable is designed for installation in plenum, riser and horizontal environments and interbuilding backbone structures. This design incorporates tight buffered optical fibers within a dry water blocked cable core. Suitable for operation across wide temperature variations typically addressed by outside plant cables. No Buffer Tube Fanout kits are required. Direct termination is enabled.
- Each cable utilizes our DryGel water blocking system in the cable core. Cable design can accommodate from 2-144 tight buffered (900 µm) fibers. All dielectric.
- Aluminum Interlocking Armor (Armor-Tek) versions are available.
- These water-blocked cables feature fungus resistant jacketing, and are sunlight resistant per UL 444 clause 7.22.
- For use in conduit, below the frost line.
- Loose Tube cables are recommended if interbuilding conduit systems lie above the frost line and are likely to fill with water.
- Tight Buffer fiber cables are not suitible for aerial-lashed installations.
Berk-Tek's tight buffered cable is intended for all high speed data applications including:
- ETHERNET: 10BASE – 400GBASE (10BASE, 100BASE, 1000BASE, 10GBASE, 40GBASE, 100GBASE, 400GBASE)
- Fibre Channel: 1G-FC – 128GFC (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 128 GFC)
- SONET: OC-1 – OC-768 (OC -1, 3, 12, 24, 48, 192, 768)
- SDH: STM-0 – STM-256 (STM-0, 1, 4, 16, 64, 256)
- OTN: OTU-1 – OTU4 (OTU1, 2, 2e, 2f, 3, 3e2, 4)
- CPRI: CPRI-1 – CPRI-9 (CPRI-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7a, 8, 9)
- PON (SMF ONLY): RFoG, APON, BPON, EPON, GPON, WDM-PON, NG-PON
- Flexible, small diameter, 900 µm tight buffered construction
- High tensile strength and small diameter design
- 2 to 144 fiber count plenum designs ideal for horizontal and backbone installation
- Single-mode, multimode, and hybrid designs available
- Also available in low smoke zero halogen design
- Cost-saving design, easy to install and terminate
- Provides for greater pulling distances thus reducing installation time
- Assurance that cables will meet required specifications for communication networking applications
- Broad design selection allows for mix and match of fiber components to specific networking applications
- One cable design meeting all structured cabling network communications applications
|Type of cable||Tight Buffered (TB)|
|See all products|