Sustainable Urban Mass Transit needs…
A combination of circumstances is providing tremendous stimulus to the world’s Urban Mass Transit systems: pollution, energy concerns, urbanization, congestion, economic development, and the desire for a better quality of life. Everywhere on the planet, urban and suburban transport systems are being built, upgraded or expanded.
Urban rail is dependent on the quality of the infrastructure that supports it, including cables and cabling systems for power, signalling and telecommunications. You, as an operator, want sustainable Urban Mass Transit which means moving the maximum number of people safely through the network in a comfortable, reliable and cost-effective way, one that is “accessible, safe, environmentally-friendly, and affordable,” in the words of the International Transport Forum.
What Mass Transit operators expect:
- Improved fire-performance in tunnels, stations and public areas
- Reliability through quality input at all levels, and system redundancy
- Higher passenger capacity through Communications-Based Train Control (CBTC)
- SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition), signalling and LAN infrastructure
- Worldwide certification, project planning resources, and post-installation support
- On-time delivery, conformity to specs, variable flow provisioning
- Modular, upgradeable solutions and lower operating/maintenance costs