Outside Plant All Dielectric (OPD, OPDD)
Berk-Tek’s Outside Plant Loose Tube fiber optic cables are designed for installation in environments such as aerial lashing, conduit and pathways that are subjected to wide temperature variations. The Outside Plant product line offers 6 - 432 fibers per cable. These cables are thoroughly tested and verified to Telcordia GR-20 and ICEA-640 for outside cabling systems.
StandardsInternational : EN 50173; ISO/IEC 11801
National : ANSI/ICEA S-87-640; ANSI/TIA-568.3-D; Telcordia GR-20
Berk-Tek's Outdoor Loose Tube cables are available in multimode, single-mode and GIGAlite™ fibers.
Gel-filled tubes containing 250 µm fibers, in up to 12 colors.
Berk-Tek recommends that loose tube cables be utilized in an outside plant installation environment. Loose tube cables are especially recommended if the interbuilding conduit system is likely to fill with water.
- Sunlight resistant outer jacket per UL 444 clause 7.22.
Berk-Tek's Outdoor Loose Tube fiber optic cable is intended for all high speed data applications, including:
- ETHERNET: 10BASE – 400GBASE (10BASE, 100BASE, 1000BASE, 10GBASE, 40GBASE, 100GBASE, 400GBASE)
- Fibre Channel: 1G-FC – 128GFC (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 128 GFC)
- SONET: OC-1 – OC-768 (OC -1, 3, 12, 24, 48, 192, 768)
- SDH: STM-0 – STM-256 (STM-0, 1, 4, 16, 64, 256)
- OTN: OTU-1 – OTU4 (OTU1, 2, 2e, 2f, 3, 3e2, 4)
- CPRI: CPRI-1 – CPRI-9 (CPRI-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7a, 8, 9)
- High tensile strength, crush resistant and small diameter design.
- Single-mode, multimode and hybrid design options available.
- All dielectric design.
- Armored designs available.
- Fully water-blocked core using dry water blocking system.
- Provides for greater pulling distances thus reducing installation time.
- Broad design selection allows for mix and match of fiber components to specific networking applications.
- System grounding problems eliminated.
- Long-term reliability.
- Low cable plant maintenance, ease of installation.
- Reduce network costs.
|See all products|