ENERGEX® MC 277 Aluminum Armored
Aluminum Armored MC Cable 277 Volts and Special Color Codes UL Type MC, 600 V, 90ºC dry rated - RoHS Compliant Copper Conductors
ENERGEX® MC 277 cables may be used for branch, feeder and service for distribution in commercial, industrial, and multi-residential construction in accordance with NEC Article 330. They are suitable for installation in motion picture studios, theaters, and places of assembly (100 people or more) per NEC Articles 230.43, 300.22(C), 330, 396, 518, 520, 530 and 645. These cables may be installed in approved raceways and as open runs of cable on a messenger. They may be installed exposed, concealed or in cable tray and may be run in spaces used for environmental air in accordance with NEC Article 300.22(C) ONLY.
Nexans MC 277 cable is RoHS compliant.
Solid soft bare annealed copper per ASTM B3. Stranded soft bare annealed copper per ASTM B3 and ASTM B8 Class C compressed stranded for sizes 12 AWG to 6 AWG.
Insulation: Colored PVC/Nylon Type THHN in accordance with UL 83, flame retardant, meeting UL VW-1 flame test.
Ground Wire: Green PVC/Nylon Type THHN insulation sized in accordance with NEC and UL.
Assembly: Conductors are cabled with grounding wires. A marker tape / core protection tape combination assembles the core in an essentially round configuration.
Armor: Interlocking aluminum tape armor applied directly over the core.
Marker Tape Print:
NEXANS-C TYPE MC 600V FOR CT USE (SIZE) THHN (UL) E-47409
- Meets UL 83: Thermoplastic-Insulated Wire and Cables
- Tested to UL 1479: Fire Tests of Through-Penetration Firestops for one, two or three hour fire rated assemblies (for cables up to 2 AWG)
- Meets UL 1569: Metal Clad cables
- Meets UL 1581: Reference Standard for Electrical Wires, Cables, and Flexible Cords
- Meets UL 2556: Wire and Cable Test Methods
- Designated Type MC per NEC Article 330
|Maximum operating voltage||600V|
|Maximum operating temperature||90°C|
Products and services
Docs and info
* Cables are UL listed as Type MC, 600 V
* UL listed insulated conductors
* Fire Wall Penetration rated depending on type of installation and fire-stop system used
* UL listed for use in cable trays per NEC Article 330.10(A)(6)
* For use in Class I, Div. 2 per NEC Article 501.10(B)(1), Class II, Div. 2 per NEC Article 502.10(B)(1)(6) and Class III, Div. 1 & 2 per NEC Article 503.10 with approved termination fittings.
* Temperature rating of 90°C dry
* Excellent mechanical & physical properties
* Lightweight aluminum armor
* Nexans ENERGEX® MC 277 is RoHS compliant
The following constructions can be provided on special orders:
* Special conductor counts
* XHHW-2 insulation