ENERGEX® MC Ground Plus
Aluminum Armored Isolated Ground MC Cable UL Type MC, 600 V, 90°C dry rated - RoHS Compliant Copper Conductors
ENERGEX® MC Ground Plus cables are for use in applications where isolated, dedicated or redundant ground is required. They may be used for branch, feeder and service for distribution in commercial, industrial and multi-residential construction. They are also suitable for installation in motion picture studios, theaters, and places of assembly (100 people or more) per NEC Articles 230.43, 300.22(C), 330, 396, 518, 520, 530 and 645. These cables may be installed in approved raceways and as open runs of cable on a messenger. They may be installed exposed, concealed or in cable tray and may be run in spaces used for environmental air in accordance with NEC Article 300.22(C) ONLY.
Nexans MC Ground Plus cable is RoHS compliant.
Solid soft bare annealed copper per ASTM B3. Stranded soft bare annealed copper per ASTM B3 and ASTM B8 Class C compressed stranded for sizes 8 AWG and 6 AWG.
PVC/Nylon type THHN in accordance to UL 83, flame resistant, meeting UL VW-1 flame test.
Sized in accordance with NEC and UL, one with green THHN insulation, one with green THHN insulation with a yellow stripe.
Conductors are cabled with grounding wires. A marker tape/core protection tape combination assembles the core in an essentially round configuration.
Interlocking aluminum tape armor applied directly over the core.
Marker Tape Print:
NEXANS-C TYPE MC 600V FOR CT USE (SIZE) THHN (UL) E-47409
- Meets UL 83: Thermoplastic Insulated Wires and Cables
- Tested to UL 1479: Fire Tests of Through-Penetration Firestops for one, two or three hour fire rated assemblies (for cables up to 2 AWG)
- Meets UL 1569: Metal Clad Cables
- Meets UL 1581: Reference Standard for Electrical Wire, Cable, and Flexible Cords
- Meets UL 2556: Wire and Cable Test Methods
- Designated Type MC per NEC Article 330
|Maximum operating voltage||600V|
|Maximum operating temperature||90°C|
Products and services
Docs and info
- Cables are UL listed as Type MC, 600 V
- UL listed insulated conductors
- Fire Wall Penetration rated depending on type of installation and fire-stop system used
- UL listed for use in cable trays per NEC Article 330.10(A)(6)
- For use in Class 1, Div. 2 per NEC Article 501.10(B)(1), Class II, Div.2 per NEC Article 502.10(B)(1) and Class III, Div. 1 & 2 per NEC Article 503.10 with approved termination fittings.
- Temperature rating of 90ºC dry
- Excellent mechanical and physical properties
- Lightweight aluminum armor
- Nexans ENERGEX® MC Ground Plus is RoHS compliant
The following constructions can be provided on special orders:
- Special conductor counts
- XHHW insulation