Datacenter Plenum Indoor (DAP8B)
Berk-Tek’s revolutionary Datacenter Plenum cables with 1.9 mm micro buffer tubes are designed to be used in high density plenum rated environments. DAP is rated for plenum installations and has no gel filler.
StandardsInternational : EN 50173; ISO/IEC 11801
National : ANSI/ICEA S-83-596; ANSI/TIA-568.3-D; NFPA 130; Telcordia GR-409
Berk-Tek's loose tube cable design can be used in all typical campus indoor installations, and is available with standard multimode, single-mode and GIGAlite™ fibers. Datacenter Plenum cable is available in 1 to 288 count fiber constructions. These cables have been thoroughly tested in accordance with Telcordia GR-409 Issue 2, and ICEA-596 Edition 3, where applicable.
These cables are compliant with the Wire and Cable Requirements of NFPA 130 (2014), section 12.2 Flame Spread and Smoke Release. They are suitable for railway and mass transit infrastructure in tunnels, as well as for Tray installations in industrial environments.
Buffer Tube Construction
Dry color coded loose tubes containing up to 8, 250 µm, individually colored fibers.
Berk-Tek's Datacenter Plenum Loose Tube fiber optic cable is intended for all high speed data applications, including:
- ETHERNET: 10BASE – 400GBASE (10BASE, 100BASE, 1000BASE, 10GBASE, 40GBASE, 100GBASE, 400GBASE)
- Fibre Channel: 1G-FC – 128GFC (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 128 GFC)
- SONET: OC-1 – OC-768 (OC -1, 3, 12, 24, 48, 192, 768)
- SDH: STM-0 – STM-256 (STM-0, 1, 4, 16, 64, 256)
- OTN: OTU-1 – OTU4 (OTU1, 2, 2e, 2f, 3, 3e2, 4)
- CPRI: CPRI-1 – CPRI-9 (CPRI-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7a, 8, 9)
- PON (SMF ONLY): RFoG, APON, BPON, EPON, GPON, WDM-PON, NG-PON
- 1.9 mm space saving buffer tubes housing fibers and aramid strength yarns
- Designed to support Gigabit Ethernet, Gigabit ATM, Fibre Channel and other high-speed applications
- Plenum rating enables installation to go directly through plenum spaces
- All dielectric design
- Compact, plenum rated, flexible loose tube design of all dielectric construction allows for installation in any interior space
- Optimized access ease with simple, off-the-shelf tools
- No cleaning of gels required for installation, greatly reducing installation time and cost
- System grounding requirements are eliminated
|Type of cable||Loose tube|
|Recommended operating temperature range||0 .. 75°C|
|Ambient installation temperature, range||0 .. 60°C|
|Recommended storage temperature range||-40 .. 75°C|
|See all products|