12/3 UF-B W/GRND 600V
Country ref. 680581
Nexans ENERGEX® UF-B is an underground feeder and branch circuit wiring cable. Its applications are outlined in Article 340 NEC 2008 and NEC 2011. UF-B is rated at 600 volts. Although it is rated at a conductor temperature of 90ºC dry / wet, its ampacity is limited to 60ºC according to the NEC 2008 AND NEC 2011. UF-B may be directly buried or installed where exposed to sunlight. When used as an NM cable it must comply with the requirements in NEC 2008 and NEC 2011 Article 334. It can be used as an underground feeder from an existing building to outdoor lighting fixtures, pumps, outbuildings and other equipment.
Nexans UF-B cables are LEAD FREE and RoHS compliant.
Solid annealed soft bare copper per ASTM B3.
Stranded annealed soft bare copper per ASTM B3 and ASTM B8.
Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) with a nylon covering. Color coded phase identification.
Soft bare copper, solid per ASTM B3 and stranded per ASTM B3 and ASTM B8.
Sunlight, moisture and fungus resistant gray PVC.
- Nexans ENERGEX® UF-B meets or exceeds all applicable ASTM specifications.
- UL 83: Thermoplastic Insulated Wires and Cables
- UL 493: Thermoplastic Insulated Underground Feeder and Branch Circuit Cables
- Federal Specification A-A-59544 and requirements of the NEC.
Surface Print Legend (example)
NEXANS-C ENERGEX 2C-14 AWG W/GRND TYPE UF-B SUN RES 600V (UL) LEAD FREE MM/DD/YY MADE IN U.S.A.
|Insulation||PVC and nylon|
|Number of strands||1|
|Nominal cable weight||125lb/kft|
|Approximate net weight||185.96kg/km|
|Conductor cross-section (AWG)||12|
|Maximum operating voltage||600V|
|Maximum operating temperature||90°C|
Docs and info
Proprietary jacketing compound designed for quick and easy installation
- Gray jacket designed for quick cable identification
- LEAD FREE and RoHS compliant
- Meets or exceeds all applicable industry standards
- 14, 12 & 10 AWG; 2, 3 and 4 conductor: 250 ft coil and 1000 ft reel
- 8 & 6 AWG; 2 and 3 conductor: 125 ft coil and 500 ft reel
- Bar coded reels and coils for ease of material handling