216 x OS2 Plenum Central Tube Flexible Ribbon Optical Cable
StandardsInternational : EN 50173; ISO/IEC 11801
National : ANSI/ICEA S-83-596; ANSI/TIA-568.3-D; Telcordia GR-409
A fiber optic flexible ribbon is comprised of 12 fibers coated with a dual acrylate coating system. The fibers are contained in a peelable UV curable matrix material, and the space-saving flexible ribbon structure is designed to allow easy separation of the fibers from the matrix in preparation for splicing, or termination to a MPO connector. Ribbons are identified per TIA/EIA-598, and are stacked in a dry central tube, surrounded by two layers of flexible strength members, and an extruded cable jacket, providing tensile strength and crush resistance. The outer jacket material is plenum-grade thermoplastic.
Berk-Tek's fiber optic cable is intended for all high-speed data applications, including:
- ETHERNET: 10BASE – 400GBASE (10BASE, 100BASE, 1000BASE, 10GBASE, 40GBASE, 100GBASE, 400GBASE)
- Fibre Channel: 1G-FC – 128GFC (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 128 GFC)
- SONET: OC-1 – OC-768 (OC -1, 3, 12, 24, 48, 192, 768) • SDH: STM-0 – STM-256 (STM-0, 1, 4, 16, 64, 256)
- OTN: OTU-1 – OTU4 (OTU1, 2, 2e, 2f, 3, 3e2, 4)
- CPRI: CPRI-1 – CPRI-9 (CPRI-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7a, 8, 9)
- PON (SMF only): RFoG, APON, BPON, EPON, GPON, WDM-PON, NG-PON
- Step-index G.657.A1 single-mode optical fiber
- Protective UV cured acrylate ribbon coating in a flexible structure
- Every fiber is subjected to a 0.7 Gpa (100 kpsi) minimum proof stress per TIA/EIA FOTP-31
- Peelable UV curable matrix material
- Ribbons are easily separated for single fiber splicing if needed.
- Two layers of flexible strength members
- Qualified to ICEA S-83-596 and Telcordia GR-409
- Easily interfaced to MT and MPO based connectors, as well as today's newest ribbon connectors.
- Mass fusion splicing ribbon cable enables faster project completion and reduced labor costs.
- On 144F cables, mass fusion splicing 12F-to-12F requires 92% fewer splices than single fiber-to-fiber splicing.
- A single fiber holder can also be used in the mass splicer; no need to worry about multiple machines if a mass splicer is on hand.
- Cable design offers excellent mechanical performance with superior crush and flex ratings.
Country of Origin: U.S.A.
|Fiber optic type||SM (G657.A1)|
|Number of optical fibres||216|
|Cable diameter (Nominal)||0.57in|
|Nominal outer diameter||14.4mm|
|Nominal cable weight||130lb/kft|
|Optical performance||AB (Single-mode, OS2)|
|Attenuation, max. 1310 nm (cabled)||0.4dB/km|
|Attenuation, max. 1550 nm (cabled)||0.3dB/km|
|Maximum installation tension||300lb|
|Maximum installation tension||1340N|
|Max. Load. Long Term (lbs)||100.0lb|
|Max. Load. Long Term||450.0N|
|Impacts per TIA/EIA FOTP-25||20 at 2.94 N-m|
|Crush resistance per TIA/EIA FOTP-41||100N/cm|
|Minimum Bending Radius - Install||11.4in|
|Minimum Bend Radius - Install||28.8cm|
|Minimum Bending Radius - LongTerm||5.7in|
|Minimum Bending Radius - LongTerm||14.4cm|
|Recommended operating temperature range||0 .. 70°C|
|Ambient installation temperature, range||0 .. 60°C|
|Recommended storage temperature range||-40 .. 70°C|
|Field of application||Indoor|